Upload New Items Using the Windows Explorer Plugin
Add a file to the application using the Explorer plugin.
- Locate and select the items on your local machine and / or network drive(s) that you want to upload.
- Using Explorer, navigate to the container where you want to place the items.
- Drag and drop the selected items from your local machine / network drive to the container in the application. To include secondary files (for example, related attachments), you need to include these files in your selection.
- Select an upload method.
Method Description Upload File Unregistered This option will upload the items as unregistered documents. This means that only you will be able to access the documents until they are registered (they will not be visible to other users). Register File Later This option allows you to upload the items into the container, but the items will remain as unregistered documents until you schedule an upload for the items. These items will not be visible to anyone but you. Click here for information on how to upload a document. Register File Now Use this option to upload the selected files and automatically register them. This means the selected files will be accessible to other users of the site.The remaining steps in this task are based on using the Register File Now upload method.
- Use the Bulk Upload Manager to enter information about the documents / items that you are uploading to the site.
- Optional: Drag and drop files onto the Bulk Upload Manager to add additional files. For example, if you want to add additional supporting documents to an item, you can drag and drop the files onto the related items.
- Click Create Excel Data to add the document information using an MS Excel spreadsheet. Once this has been selected, an Excel file will be created with all column headers and items that you are uploading. Enter the information into the spreadsheet and save your changes. Do not change the save location of the file.
- Click Import Excel Data to import the document information.
- Click Open Excel Data when complete.