After you upload an item, you can register it to make it visible to other Viewpoint For Projects™ users with permission to view items in the container.
Open the Pending Uploads page by one of the following methods:
Option Description If you only need to register one item, choose one of these methods:
- If you recently finished uploading an item and the Upload Progress panel is still open, click Register Item next to the single item you want to register.
- Go to the container's Items page and click in the column next to the item that you want to register. Go to .
If you need to register multiple items at one time, choose one of these methods:
- If you recently finished uploading items and the Upload Progress panel is still open, select Register All from.
- Go to the container's Items page and click .
- Optional: If there are items you listed on the Pending Uploads page that you do not want to register at this time, either select them and click the Remove button or click the Remove icon next to them.
Many of the fields will be auto-populated with information. If the description
is set as mandatory for the site, project, or container, you are required to
enter a Description for each document. In addition, you
are required to select a Revision Status. You can make
other changes to the information here, as desired.
Option Description If you are registering multiple itemsTip: You can add more fields to this page so you can make changes to other metadata as you are registering. Click the Add/Remove Columns icon and select the columns you want to add.Note: To apply the same information to multiple items, select the items, and click . If you are registering one item When you are finished entering the desired information on this page, you can select Go To Next Unregistered File to be directed to the next unregistered item in the container.
You can merge items or add secondary files at this time.
Note: If you upload multiple items with the same name at one time, Viewpoint For Projects™ automatically merges them during registration. The PDF version is set as the primary and the other version is set as a secondary to it. If none of the versions is a PDF, the first version you upload is set as the primary and the other as secondary. If these defaults are not what you want, you can change the primary and secondary items or cancel the merge on the Pending Uploadspage.
- Click Register.