Configure Personal Information
The Personal Information module allows users to view information on file in Vista, such as name, address, payroll withholding, and direct deposit information, and submit changes to a Personal Info Admin or a Document Admin.
- To modify or add fields to the Personal Information page, select .
Select the Available Fields dropdown,
select a field to add:
- In this dropdown, fields are organized by their Vista location (for example, HR for HR Resources or PR for Payroll Employees). Fields that exist in HR and Payroll are labeled HR & PR.
- User-defined fields are also listed. If you add a new user-defined field to the HR Resource Mater or PR Employee Info tab, you must select Refresh Synonyms ( ) to see this new field from the dropdown. Similarly, if you remove a user-defined field from Vista, you must Refresh Synonyms to remove that field from the dropdown.
- Select the Add To Portal button.
To rename a field, select the
rename option, and enter the new name.
On the Request Settings page, the original field name displays in parenthesis after the new field name but is not visible to users.
- Use the Update Mode dropdown to change a field to Read Only or to modify which area in Vista this field will update when a user submits changes (PR, HR, or Both).
Under Approval Workflow, choose an
option for each field.
- Approval Required Before Update: Personal Info Admin or Document Admin must approve the change before Vista is updated.
- Notification of Change: Sends an email to the Personal Info Admin or Document Admin regarding the changes that were made. Changes for these fields update Vista approximately 15 minutes after they are submitted.
- Field Validation Only: Changes for these fields update Vista approximately 15 minutes after they are submitted.
- If you have enabled the Benefits module, you can select the Req. for Benefits checkbox to require the selected field when users update their personal information as part of Benefits process.
To require an attachment from users when updating
the selected field, select the Req. Attachment checkbox.
To select a default location for saving these attachments, use the portal setting Default Personal Info Attachment Save Location under .
- Use the Validation Regex field to configure a regular expression that creates a pattern or rule for the selected field. See Validation Regex for examples.
Select Personal Info Admins and
You can also indicate whether these users should receive emails for personal
information changes (based on the approval workflow assignment). See Assign Admin Roles
if you need additional help assigning roles.
, and determine which users should be assigned as
- Personal Info Admins: These users have permission to approve or reject Personal Info requests, excluding attachments submitted via the Submit a Document section in Update Info. If you want Personal Info Admins to have permission to approve submitted attachments, you must also assign them the Document Admin role.
- Document Admins: These users have permission to approve
or reject attachments submitted via the Submit a Document section in
Update Info. To allow Document Admins to approve other Personal Info
changes, you must also assign them the Personal Info Admin role. Note: Separating Personal Info Admins from Document Admins provides added security for employee attachments uploaded to the portal (for example, vaccination records or FMLA documents).
- Personal Info Admins and Document Admins can also receive emails when personal information changes are submitted (based on the approval workflow assignment). To determine how often these users receive emails, you can enable either Notify Real-Time and/or Daily for each applicable user on the Admin Roles page.
To assign access to the Personal Info module:
For more information, see Assign Users Access to Modules.Note: If you would like all new users added to PR Employees in Vista (and therefore added to the User Access grid) to have access to Personal Info, enable the portal setting Include Personal Information in default profile located under . See Change Default Modules for New Employees for details.
- Select .
- In the Module Bundle dropdown, select Self Service.
- Select the Personal checkbox for applicable users.
To allow employees to add profile photos, select
Select the checkbox for Enable users to upload employee
photos in the portal.
This enables a section called Update your Employee Profile Photo on the Update My Personal Info page and includes a signature box for obtaining employee consent for storing photos.
Enter an Attachment Type for Employee
After they are submitted, profile photos are routed to the Document Admin for approval, and, once approved, are uploaded to the PR Employee record in Vista using the attachment type listed in Attachment Type for Employee Photos.Important: The attachment type is required for Field Management users who want to validate photos taken in the Offline Time Clock Kiosk. Attachment Types are set up in Vista DM Attachment Types. If you want to purge profile photos after a certain amount of time, you can use the Months to Retain field on the DM Attachment Types form to establish a retention time. See Setting Up Attachment Types in Vista Help for more details.
- Select the checkbox for Enable users to upload employee photos in the portal.
To allow employees to manage their direct deposit accounts in Update Info,
- Select the Direct Deposit Configuration section.
Select the checkbox for Show Manage Direct Deposit tab in
This enables a section called Manage Direct Deposit Accounts on the Update My Personal Info page.
- Review the remaining direct deposit configuration settings to determine the best setup for your company. If you are an Onboaridng user, direct deposit configuration has specific requirements. See Configure Direct Deposit for Onboarding for details.
If you want to hide specific direct deposit
accounts (for example, HSA accounts) from being visible in the portal:
In Vista, add the udHideFromPortal
Important: You must name the udHideFromPortal field exactly as shown in order for the setting to carry over from Vista to HR Management.
- In PR Employees in Vista, select the Additional Direct Deposit tab, add the relevant direct deposit accounts, and select the udHideFromPortal checkbox for each account that you want to hide.
- On the Personal Info page in the portal, employees will see the top four direct deposit accounts that do not have udHideFromPortal selected.
- In Vista, add the udHideFromPortal field.