Add a New Daily Log
You can create a new Daily Log and assign it to a project team member by going to.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
Click the Daily Logs tab.
The Daily Logs calendar appears.
Click the plus icon , and then
select New Daily Log.
The New Daily Log dialog box appears.
Schedule the Daily Log as follows:
- Log Title: type a name for the Daily Log.
- Log Type: select Company Log or Subcontractor Log. Note that you can configure the required fields for each log type in the Log Types section of the Daily Log settings page.
- Assign To: Click in the field to select a contact from Team or your ERP system, or click New Contact to add a new contact.
- Additional Contributors: Click in the field to select a
contact from the Team contacts or PM Firm contacts lists, or click
Contact to add a new contact. Note: An additional contributor can view or add to an assigned log but the log will not appear in the Assigned to Me list for the contributor.
- Starts: Click in the field to select a start date for the log.
- Recurring Log Series: (Enabled by default) You can move the slider to indicate whether or not the log is scheduled on a recurring basis.
- Repeats On: Select all days that the log will be required.
- Ends: Click in the field and select On Date to specify a date or When Project Ends to schedule the log for the duration of the project.
- Click Save to save the log.