Create a Distribution Group
You can create distribution groups to assign work items or send notifications to a group of contacts instead of an individual contact.
When a contact is added to a distribution group associated with a project, the contact starts receiving project notifications and automatically has access to the work items associated with the group.
When a distribution group is assigned to a work item, any member of that group can take action on the work item to change the ball-in-court for that work item.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- From the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the settings icon , and then select Project Settings.
Click the Distribution Groups tab.
The Distribution Groups page appears.
- Click the Create New Group button.
- In the Group Name field, enter a name for the distribution group.
In the Group Members field, for each
contact you want to add, enter the first few letters of the name, organization,
or email address, or use the search tool to locate the contact.
Click to add the contact.
Note:When you have entered all members of the distribution group, click Save.
You can add one group as a member of another group. In the search field, groups are indicated with the group icon . Note that contacts included in more than one group assigned to a work item will not receive any additional notifications from Team as a result of being in nested groups.The new distribution group appears on the page, and will appear as an option in any field where you select contacts for work items in the project.
(Optional) If your instance of Team is integrated with Vista, select a primary
contact to represent the group in Vista. If you do not select a primary contact
for a group, and that group is used on a work item, in Vista, the corresponding
contact field for that work item will be blank.
- Under the name of the group, click Choose Primary Contact.
- From the Choose Primary Contact dialog, enter the first few letters of the name, organization, or email address, or use the search tool to locate the contact. Click the contact to select it, and then click Save.