Assign Users Access to Modules
On the User Access page, System Admins and Security Admins can grant users access to application modules, set initial passwords, unlock users, and change settings for inactive users.
Employees listed on the User Access page come from the PR Employees module in Vista. When new hires are added to Vista's PR Employees, their names display on the User Access page automatically. All users have access to Earnings and Personal Info by default. To change default access, use .
- Select .
- Select a Filter Type:
PR Group or Employee
The list of available modules changes based on the access group.
- If you select PR Groups, the PRCo and PR Group drop-downs are available for selection.
- If you select Employee Group, the Employee Group drop-down is available for selection.
- If filtering by PR Group, select a PRCo and PR Group. If filtering by Employee Group, select an Employee Group.
- Select the Refresh Users button to refresh the list of employee names shown in the grid based on your filters.
- Use the Module Bundle drop-down to choose the module to grant users access to. For example, Self Service. For details on how licenses are counted for each bundle, see About Module Bundles and Licensing.
- To filter the list of users, you can do any of the
- Search for users by name. If you enter a name in the Search Users box, select Refresh Users to refresh the list.
- Select the Filter drop-down button, and choose to show employees by status (All, Active, or Inactive). or select to Show only locked-out employees.
- For each module, decide whether to give access to
all users or to specific users. If you have filtered the list, your selections
apply only to the users shown in the grid. To give users access to modules, you
can do either of the following:Important: Adding a user to a module enables a license, which may affect your bill. You can view a current count of licensed users compared to contracted users at the top of the User Access page.
- To enable a module for all users, select the check box in the top row of the grid for that module. The top row does not have any employee names associated with it.
- To enable a module for specific users, select the applicable module check box to the right of that user's name.