You can create tasks to notify users of a specific assignment that needs to be completed, along with information about that assignment and any attachments related to it.
Watch the video or use the written steps below to learn how to create a task.
- Right-click on the task container that you want the task to be created in and go to Items page and click New Task. or go to the container's The New Task window displays.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Select the Priority.
- Select the user that will be assigned the task and will need to respond to the task from Assigned To.Note: If users only need to be notified of the task, select them from Recipients under Users.
- Enter information about the task in Body Text.
- Enter a Due Date, if any. By default, this field will populate with the default set on the task container.
- Add Recipients if there are users that should be notified that the task has been created.Important: These users are not assigned the task.
- Select Private if this task should be visible only for the user assigned to the task and Recipients.
- Select Email if the selected Recipients should be emailed when the task is created.
- If you do not want the task redirected to another user after creation, select Disable Forwarding.
- If you have attachments to add to the task, add them under Attachments.
- If you want to add keywords, select them under Keywords.