What's New in VFP 2018-02 – May 2018
The second Viewpoint For Projects™ web release for 2018 delivers Multi-File Upload (MFU) enhancements as well as customer-suggested improvements to the BIM experience. It also includes changes behind the scenes to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Review the release video to see a quick overview of VFP 2018-02 enhancements, and read more about them in the sections below it.
Key enhancements include:
Upload – your ability to upload multiple files at once into your
Common Data Environment (CDE) has been greatly enhanced.
- supports drag-and-drop functionality
- identifies and accommodates revisions of existing files
- provides a new registration grid so you can easily validate and tailor your upload information
- Template BIM containers – you can now deploy BIM containers as part of your Project Template, including any sub-containers used to manage deliverables, saving you from having to create from scratch for new projects with BIM requirements.
- BIM - Key Documents – a new Key Documents section on the BIM Container enables you to present important documents (such as EIR or BEP) in their native formats on the Project Guidance page.
- BIM container performance – you'll enjoy faster loading when using the Latest Models screen and the Information Planner screen.
- GDPR compliant – Viewpoint For Projects™ has the necessary technical safeguards to complement your responsibility to protect personal data. Viewpoint For Projects™ is fully compliant and accommodates GDPR processing.
In addition, this release contains several bug fixes that address customer-reported issues and make the application more usable.