Manage Scheduled Jobs
Edit, run, view the history of, and delete existing Scheduled Jobs in the portal.
To create / add a new job instead, see Create a New Scheduled Job.
Before updating to the 23.2 version, review your custom SQL jobs, as these will be deleted. If you modified any of the default SQL jobs, you will need to update the schedule for these customized jobs on the Scheduled Jobs page. You will not need to update portal settings associated with these jobs—they will carry over and remain in effect.
- Go to Scheduled Jobs. . In the Administrative Actions section of the Portal Info tab, select
- Select Action to view your options for managing a particular job.
To update the schedule and enable
/ disable a job, select Edit.
Note: The usage data (usage-data) scheduled job may not be changed or disabled.
Schedule field by entering the cron
expression for the time you want the job to run
Note: Schedule inputs must be in a valid cron string format.
- To generate a cron expression that you can paste into the Schedule field, go to crontab.cronhub.io.
- Example of a cron
30 2 1 * *means that your Scheduled Job will run at 2:30am, on day one of the month.
On the Scheduled Jobs page, the schedule is listed in standard time format.
Enabled checkbox to run the job on
your defined schedule.
Deselect this checkbox to turn off the job (disable it) without deleting it. You can turn the job back on again (re-enable it) at any time.
- Select Save.
- To return to the Scheduled Jobs page, Cancel out of the Edit window.
- Update the Schedule field by entering the cron expression for the time you want the job to run on.
To view the history of the job,
.Job history details include the time and date of the job when it was run, the state of the job at that time, and a message about the job.Note: Scheduled Job history is logged from version 23.4 and forward. Job history prior to this version is not included.
- To manually run a job, select .
- To completely delete a job and remove it from the list of Scheduled Jobs, select . You can only delete user-defined jobs.