Use the Expense Approval page to review and select expense items for approval as well as print items in an expense packet.
- Select .
- Use the Employee(s) dropdown in the upper left of the page to filter the grid by employee or expense package, or use the search box to search for an expense item.
To review an item, hover the cursor over that item, and then select it.
- Items showing a blue paperclip icon have an attachment (for example, a receipt). Select the paperclip icon to see the attached file.
To approve expense items:
- For individual expense items, select the item in the grid. Then select the green box with the check mark in it for that item.
- To bulk approve items, select all items in the grid to approve, and then
select the Approve Selected button.Note: After an item or packet is approved, those items move to the next sequence in the workflow. After all approvers have signed off, items go to the Expense Admin for Expense Posting. After the expense is fully approved, an email is sent to the employee who submitted the expense or packet to notify them that it has been approved.
To reject expense items:
- For individual expense items, select the item in the grid. Then select the red box with the x in it for that item.
- To bulk reject items, select all items in the grid to reject, and then
select the Reject Selected button.Note: After an item or packet is rejected, an email is sent to the employee who submitted the expense or packet to notify them that it was rejected. Any items in the packet that were approved in another sequence(s) will be unapproved. The employee can edit the rejected expense items and resubmit them for approval.
To bulk code a group of expenses at once:
- Select the items to bulk code.
- Select the Bulk Coding button.
In the Bulk
Update window, choose the applicable coding for the
selected items, and select Save.
If any of the selected items are already coded, the existing coding will be overwritten.
Use the dropdown arrow at the far right of an
expense item line to select either of the following options:
- View Workflow: Allows you to see the sequence of approval (if set up on the HQ Reviewer Group) and the status of approval
- Print Report: Allows you to generate a PDF containing all expense items and attachments in the selected packet.