Post Expenses to a Batch
The Expense Admin moves expense items from the Expense module to Vista via Payroll or Accounts Payable.
- Select .
Use the filters at the top of the page to gather
the expense items you would like to process. The PR Group
filter offers different options depending on whether your organization processes
expenses through Payroll or Accounts Payable:
If your organization processes expenses through Payroll, the PR Group filter allows you to filter and post expenses by payroll group.
If your organization processes expenses through Accounts Payable, the PR Group filter includes your list of payroll companies and an option called All PR Groups that allows you to view and post expenses to a single batch regardless of payroll company. Select All PR Groups to view and select all expenses that are ready to post.
To process reimbursement or expense items to be
paid back to the employee, filter to Reimbursement.
Note: If you are processing via Accounts Payable, each user will need to have a Vendor column entry on the User Access page.
To process expense items linked to a credit card
transaction filter to Credit
Note: All credit card transactions are moved to an AP Transaction batch. One invoice is created for all credit card items selected for the batch. The expense package and the portal setting Use Transaction Date for Invoice Date in Vista are ignored for credit card expense items.
- To view line detail and attachments, select the paperclip icon to the far right of the line.
- If you need to modify an expense item, select the Actions button, and then select Edit for that line.
When you are ready to move expense items to Vista,
select the checkbox for those items in the grid, and then select the Move to Batch button.
Note: If an expense is missing coding, the checkbox that allows you to select that line will not be available.
In the Move to Batch pop-up
window, make the appropriate selections:
If you are processing via Accounts Payable, enter the Batch Month and an AP Reference # (invoice number).
- For credit card expenses, a CC Vendor field will display. Use this field to select the applicable credit card vendor for this batch.
- When you are finished making entries in the pop-up window, select Move to AP Batch. This will move the expense items into an AP Transaction Batch in Vista. You must continue the processing of this batch in Vista in order for the user or credit card to be paid.
If you are processing via Payroll, select a pay period and a pay sequence. Optionally, you can select an Earn Code other than what is currently specified on the expense line. Then select Move to PR Batch. You must continue the processing of this batch in Vista for the user to be paid.
After Expense lines have been moved, they will
show with a status Added to
The Batch Month, Batch ID, and AP Reference number display in the appropriate columns for items added to a batch.
If you need to edit, delete, or reset approvers for expense items that have been added to a batch, you must first clear the batch status ().
- If an expense line was added to a batch but not processed, select the More button in the upper right of the page, and then select Reprocess. Typically, this feature is used when you accidentally cancel a batch prior to finalizing it.