Configure Onboarding Settings
The Onboarding module allows you to create electronic workflows for your onboarding processes.
You must be a System Admin to configure this module.
- Select .
- Expand the General Configuration section.
- Select Enable Onboarding.
In User Group for Onboarding / ATS Admin Permissions,
select the Employee Group that should have Admin rights to Onboarding.
The Onboarding Admin manages and maintains Onboarding. This user configures Onboarding profiles, Document Templates, Custom Tasks, and assigns Onboarding permissions.Note: The Onboarding Admin also has permissions in the Applicant Tracking module and is the default JobTarget Admin. Applicant Tracking pages display only if you have enabled the Applicant Tracking module. JobTarget options display only if you have enabled JobTarget posting.
In Company number for Onboarding and
ATS Logo (required), enter the number for the company whose logo
should appear on your Onboarding Welcome page.
Important: If you do not enter a company number in this setting, you will not be able to send Onboarding Invitations.
If you would like users assigned to a hiring location to receive an email when
a new hire has submitted onboarding forms, select Enable Email to Authorized Users After
New Onboarding Submission.
The Onboarding Admin assigns users to hiring locations. See Create and Manage Hiring Locations for details.
To require Personal Information fields during onboarding, use the setting
called Required Fields on Personal
Info (Onboarding Only).
This setting ensures that new hires complete specified fields first. In turn, these entries are used to prefill Forms I-9, W-4, and the Voluntary Self-Identification form. Users must enter required fields before they can complete additional forms.
- Select Edit for this setting.
- A pop-up window opens, listing the field options available. Enter the fields that you want to require in the text box at the bottom of the window. Separate multiple entries with a comma and no spaces. This setting defaults to: FirstName,LastName,Email,Address1,City,State,Zip.
- If you are planning to use the Voluntary Self-Identification form included with Onboarding, enter the company name to display at the top of that form in Company Name for Voluntary Self-Identification forms.
If you are including the direct deposit step in
your onboarding process, enable the portal setting Initialize New hires to
Payroll. This setting allows direct deposit fields to be updated
in Payroll when new hire records are initialized to Vista. If you enable this
setting, a PR Employee field displays (grayed out) on the
Initialize to Vista pop-up window in Onboarding and
will be updated with the new hire's employee number during the initialization
Note: You must enable this portal setting in order for the Include Direct Deposit field to be available when setting up an onboarding profile.
- Review additional Onboarding settings found under the Custom Headers and Log-in Page sections. Be sure to review the setting Helper text, by selecting the setting name, before enabling any of these settings.