Create a QR Code that links back to my portal
QR Codes can be a handy tool out on the field. You create a QR Code so your users can easily pull up the piece of equipment or the training history on an employee by scanning with a QR Reader. Below are the steps to make this available for your portal.
Create a URL
For Equipment: [portalurl]/Equipment/#/EMEMKeyID/[Key ID from EMEM table for the equipment]
Portal URL: Current portal URL (Example: https://myFieldManagementPortal.com)
Key ID: Available from table.columname EMEM.KeyID or use the following select statement:
Note: To get to this table you must be logged into your SQL Server management Studio as the system admin and connected to the server where your Vista dn KDS-HRIM database live.
- Use Viewpoint
- Select KeyID, EMCo, Equipment, Description
- From dbo.bEMEM
- Order By KeyID
- Example: https://myFieldManagementPortal.com/Equipment/#/EMEMKeyID/100
- Portal URL = https://myFieldManagementPortal.com
- Key ID = 100
- For Training:
[portalurl]/employee/training/#Manager/Y/HRCo/[the hr company of the
employee]/Employee/[the employee number]
- URL = https://myFieldManagementPortal.com
- HR Company = 1
- Employee = 100
- Example: https://myFieldManagementPortal.com/employee/training/#Manager/Y/HRCo/1/Employee/100
Generate your own QR Code
- Enter the URL's created above into a QR Generator to create your own QR Codes for each piece of equipment or employee.
How does it work?
- After you have created your QR Code, the user can easily get to that page by using a
- The user will have to be logged in to get to the page.
- If the user does not have permission (Ex: they are not assigned to the module or don't have permission to view that employee's training), they will not be able to open the page.