Generate a Link to a Public Item
You can generate a link to items that have previously been made public, so you can email the link to people who do not have access to Viewpoint For Projects™ and so they can download the item.
- In the navigation tree, select the container with the public items.
- Right-click on the mouse icon for an item and click Copy public link or
Copy public link (all
revisions).The Share Public File/Folder window appears.
- Click Copy to copy the link to share with users requiring access to the item.
- (Optional) Select the Include Sub Folders check box to share sub folders with users requiring access at the folder level.
- (Optional) Select the Primary Files Only check box to allow access only to a folder's primary files.
- (Optional) Select the Select Link Expiration Date check box to specify a date that availability to the linked item(s) expires.
- Click Close to close out of the Share Public File/Folder window.