Create a Company Announcement
Company Announcements allow you to post bulletins and messages to the home page of your portal.
- Select .
- Select +Add New.
- In Headline, enter the text you want to display on the home page. For example, a title or text to draw the user's attention.
- In Mode, select Company Announcement.
Enter Start On and
Expires On dates for the announcement.
This date range determines the time period in which the announcement will display on the home page. If you do not want the announcement to expire, select the pin icon to the right of the Expires On date field.Note: Users can see expired announcements in the Document Library under Document Archive.
- If you want this announcement to show at the top of the home page, select Pin to Top. Otherwise, multiple company announcements display in alphanumeric order.
To add supplementary text to your announcement on the home page, enter that
text in the Thumbnail
This text displays under your headline in smaller font and is visible only on the home page
In the Body section, enter the full message for your
If your notice is already contained in a PDF, you can attach the document in the Attachments section instead of entering text in the Body section.
To add attachments, use the following
In the Attachments section of the Edit Bulletin page, use the Drop a file or Click to upload box to either drag and drop an attachment or to navigate to a file that you want to attach to this announcement. The attached file displays as a link that users can select to view and access downloading options.
To have an attachment display in full for users rather than as a link, select the Embed Attachment In Page check box.
For multiple attachments, users will still be able to see the attachment but will have a filter available for viewing the different files.
Acceptable file types when embedding attachments: Only attachments that are PDF or images (for example, PNG, JPEG, or TIFF) can be embedded. Proprietary documents can be attached but not embedded. Attachments with file extensions .XLSM, .XLSB, and .DOCM can be added but not embedded.
- Attachments can be downloaded by default. If you do not want users to have the option to download an attachment from the attachment viewer, select the Disable Attachment Download check box (displays only if you selected Embed Attachment In Page).
Under Current Thumbnail, you can
attach an image to your announcement.
This image displays to the left of your headline and thumbnail text. Users can click on the text or the thumbnail image to open the announcement.
When you are finished, select Save in the upper
You can also select Save & Preview to see what your announcement will look like after a user has selected it from the home page.
- To modify an existing Company Announcement, select the Edit button for that announcement on the Document Dashboard, and then select View.
- To delete a Company Announcement, select the Edit button for that announcement on the Document Dashboard, and then select Delete.