Create Custom Tasks
Create custom forms or tasks for new hires or applicants to complete as part of the job application or Onboarding process.
Only the Onboarding / ATS Admin can create and manage custom tasks.
- Select .
.Tip: To edit an existing task, select the applicable Template Name from the list.
- Select New Template.
In the Create New Template
pop-up window, enter a Template Name (task name), and select Create.
The Manage Template page displays.
- To modify the name of the template at any time, select rename.
To modify the standard report template for printed
tasks, select the ellipsis next to Report RDL.
- If you need the form to be assigned to a specific
attachment type when the new hire record is initialized, you can select
from the Attachment
Type drop-down. This drop-down includes the DM
Attachment Types created in Vista.Note: Completed documents from Applicant Tracking will attach to the HR Resource Master if the applicant is moved to Onboarding and the new hire record is initialized to Vista.Tip: If you use secure attachment types, you must give your portal services account access to those secured types.
- If you need the form to be assigned to a specific attachment type when the new hire record is initialized, you can select from the Attachment Type drop-down. This drop-down includes the DM Attachment Types created in Vista.
To add text to the top of your form, select
Header text might include a title or additional instructions for a form.
- Use the Header Fields section to add tasks to the top of your form. The Type options for header fields are limited to: Checkbox, Date, Numeric, Text, Time, and any Dropdown created in Manage Lookups.
To add tasks to the template, select
Add New Item Group.
Item groups are the sections in which you add tasks or questions to a template. When you first create an item group, it displays as rolled up. Select the item group name to expand the section.
To add a task or question to an item group, select Add
Item. The following fields display:
- Item Number: Allows you to number your questions (optional).
- Item Prompt: Use to enter a task or question. If you have additional notes for this question, select Edit Long Prompt to add that text.
- Response Type: Use this drop-down and the
Optionsbutton to choose the answer format for a task or
question. For full details of these options see Response Type Options.Note: Changes are saved automatically.
- When you have finished modifying your form, select Back to Manage Custom Tasks to create or review another template.