Grid Timecard User Guide
The grid timecard allows you to enter your time on a grid. This is often used to enter multiple employees but can also be used for individual entry.
- If you only have permission to enter time for yourself, navigate to . If you have permission to enter time for others, navigate to .
Select a pay period from the Pay Period Ending dropdown.
If you have permission to enter for multiple payroll groups, you will see pay periods for your payroll group as well as those other payroll groups.
If you have multiple templates, select the
applicable template from the Template dropdown.
If you have users who have submitted field tickets via Field Management Mobile, those field tickets will display in this dropdown. (Field tickets submitted via the web portal will not be available from this dropdown.)Tip: Select the info icon next to the Template field to learn which layout is associated with the selected template.
If crews are enabled, a Crew dropdown displays.
Select a Crew to
filter the grid to only show employees within that specific crew.
Note: For the filter to work, one or more employees listed in the grid must be a part of the selected crew. If none of the employees listed are part of the crew, the filter does not sort and continues to show all employees.
The Employee dropdown allows you to filter the timecard further by
selecting individual employee names to display in the grid.
You can select employee names one by one, or choose All Employees.
If you selected a crew in the previous step, all employees in that crew are selected by default.
If a Type dropdown displays, you can filter your timecard by line
type. This limits the fields on your card to only fields assigned to that type.
Choose from the following line types:
- J - Job
- M - Mechanic
- S - SM Work Order
To clone time that was entered in a previous grid
timecard, select Clone Grid
Timecard pop-up displays, allowing you to select one of the
- Clone Entire Timecard: Allows you to clone all time that was entered in a previous pay period. This option is best for a weekly grid timecard.
- Clone a Specific
Day: Allows you to clone time from a specific date
or days in a pay period. This option is best for a daily grid
timecard (meaning you have a template for each day in your pay
period). Select the Template you want to clone from, and then select
From date.Note: If you have not yet entered time on the template you are trying to clone from, there will be nothing in the Clone From dropdown.
- Clone by Employee(s): Allows you to select the employees to add to your timecard. The employees do not have to have been on your previous timecard, as long as you have permission to enter for them. If you do not have permission to clone for other employees, this field is limited to just you.
To enter new lines select the
+Row button, enter all pertinent fields, and select
If you do not have access to enter time for others, the Employee field will allow you to enter time only for yourself. If you do not have access to enter time for others but should, please contact your System Admin.
If you are entering equipment usage, your grid timecard may be configured to have the Usage units entry prefill based on your entry in the labor Hours field. If this is the case, you can still modify the Usage units if needed.
To enter new lines for multiple employees, select
Add Lines for
Multiple Employees window displays. When you have completed each
field in the window, select Add
Line(s) and the new timecard lines will be displayed on the Grid
If crews are enabled and you select a crew, the Select Employees dropdown prefills with all members of that crew. You can remove crew members either by deselecting their names from the dropdown list or by selecting the X to the right of their name in the Select Employees field.
- The employee name that displays in the Select Employees dropdown determines the lookups used for the other multi-select fields in the pop-up window.
If you select a line Type on the grid timecard, that entry prefills as the line type in the Add Lines for Multiple Employees window and cannot be changed. If you filter for All Types on the grid timecard, you can choose a line type in the Add Lines for Multiple Employees pop-up window.
- If you add time to an existing job/phase and day combination, it will add the lines on top, and when saved it will override the hours with the bulk add entry (not add).
- If you add time to a job/phase combination on a different day, it will add the lines on top, and when saved consolidate them into the same line.
- If new line behavior is set to default and the shift is filled in, the line will default to that shift. If shift is left blank, it will default to 1.
- If you add a duplicate line (all fields in the row are exactly the same), the new line replaces the old line, removing the old line from the timecard. You will no longer receive an error message when adding duplicate timecard lines.
To copy a line on your grid timecard to another
employee, select the Copy button on the far right of your grid (you may need to
scroll to see this button). A pop-up window opens where you can select the
employees to copy the selected line to.
Note: In order to copy lines to an employee, you must have permission to enter time for that employee. In addition, the Copy button displays only if you have been given access to the FM Grid Timecard.
- If Crew Management is enabled for your card, you will see the Add Crew dropdown when you select Copy. First, add a row to the grid in order to see the Copy button. Then select a crew in the pop-up window. This copies your line to all employees assigned to your crew. Crews available in this dropdown are based on assignments made by your System or Security Admin.
- Select Use employee's default Earncode when copying lines for one or more employees on the grid timecard. The copied lines will populate fields with the employee's default information on a Crew Copy or Line Copy. This applies to any field on the grid timecard.
- To remove a line from the grid timecard, select the x Delete button at the end of your timecard line (you may need to scroll to see the button).
- If you are entering time for multiple employees and want to review one employee’s lines, use the Employee filter at the top of your grid to select that employee. The grid refreshes to show only the lines entered for that employee.
To send timecard lines for approval, you must
submit time. Once a timecard is submitted, you can no longer edit those timecard
lines, unless the card is rejected or unsubmitted.
Note: Your Timecard Admin may choose to lock your card before you have submitted it in order to process time.
- To submit time for all employees on your card, select .
- If a signature is required for each employee, you will need to filter your card by the employee, then select Submit. . This will bring a Timecard Submission pop-up for the employee to review, sign, and select
- If your card is not filled out properly, you will receive an error.
To view a video on grid timecard entry, see Submit a Grid Timecard - Video.