Define Technology Strategies
You can specify the software and file types to be used by each role in your project to have Viewpoint For Projects™ verify that the correct types of files are uploaded to the role's container.
- In the navigation tree, select a BIM container to display the BIM Home page.
- Click Configure Project Protocols and select the Model Protocols tab.
- Next to Technology Strategy, click Edit.
Click Define a New Technology Strategy.
A blank row is added to the table.
In the Role field, select a role from the drop-down
The roles available to select are those defined in the Roles tab.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the software to be used by role members.
- In the Version field, enter the version of the software specified in step 6 to be used by role members.
- In the Native File Type field, enter the file type produced by the software specified in step 6.
In the Primary field, the default value is IFC,
indicating that the primary file type expected from role members during uploads
is a model file. You can change this value if needed.
If you enter a value, Viewpoint For Projects™ verifies that the file types uploaded to the role's container match the file type specified.
- If you want Projects to validate for a secondary file type, enter the file type in the Secondary field.
- Repeat steps 4 through 10 to add additional technology strategies.
- Click Save.