Federate COBie Data
You can combine multiple COBie data sets into a single data set that can be used to assess project progress and validity at set stages or for COBie handover purposes.
- In the navigation tree, select a BIM container to display the BIM Home page.
- Select the check box for each file you want to federate and click COBie Federate Selected.
- If one or more selected models were previously federated, select either Last Used to use the cached data or Information Planner to use the current stage information from the information planner.
- On the Federate COBie form, enter a name for the combined data set in the Federated Name field.
Note: On the Federate COBie form, the model and COBie files to federate are displayed on the left. The first file in the list is selected by default. In the remaining steps, you will indicate the items to extract from each of these files into the federated data set.
- Optional: To include the facility, floors and spaces from the selected file as the base model, select the Master File check box.Restriction: You can select only one of the files to federate as the master file.
- In the list of items, select the check box for each item you want to extract into the federated data set. To select all items, select . To expand the list of items and display child items, click . Note: Items in the list are automatically filtered by assigned role (if set). To control the items displayed in the list based on another value, do one of the following:
- Enter a specific value in the filter field and click .
- In the Filter Type field, select an IFC or COBie classification type from the drop-down list.
- To include items without classification in the list, select the Include unclassified check box.
- Select another file from the list on the left and repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Click Submit.The request to federate begins to process. Once federation is complete, you can access the federated data in the COBie tab of the BIM home page.