Elect your Benefits
After an enrollment window is approved, the Manage Benefits page changes to a four-step election process.
- In the Update your own personal information section, review the personal information you have on file and submit as needed. After you finish reviewing or making changes, select the Verify button at the top of this section.
In the Update your dependent
information section, review and modify your dependents on file
as needed. You will be able to add these dependents to your benefit elections in
Note: All dependent requests go through an approval process, but you can still add new dependents to your elections while they are pending approval.
- To add a new dependent select Add a New Dependent, and complete the information in the Add New Dependent pop-up window.
- To modify an existing dependent, select Edit Dependent.
- After you finish reviewing or making changes, select the Verify button at the top of this section.
In the Review plan offerings and
elections section, you will see the benefit election options
available to you. You can make new selections, keep existing elections, add or
remove dependents and beneficiaries (if applicable), and decline coverage.
- To confirm an election, select the box next to that
election, choose the plan or contribution, and select the Confirm button. You
can only select one plan per benefit type (For example, you can only
select one medical plan).
- Some codes allow you to assign dependents or beneficiaries after you select Confirm. Your plan type may limit how the number of dependents that may be added (for example, you cannot add dependents to a Single plan).
- Plans that show Current Election are your elections currently on file. If you do not want to modify these elections, select Keep Existing Plan.
- To decline coverage for a benefit type, select Decline Coverage. A pop-up window displays, allowing you to add notes for your administrator (if notes are required, the notes section displays highlighted in red). When you are finished, select Proceed.
- To undo an election select Cancel Request. You can modify elections up until you have completed Step 4 on the Manage My Benefits page.
- After you have finished making your selections, scroll to the bottom of the page to review your subtotals and then select Continue.
- To confirm an election, select the box next to that election, choose the plan or contribution, and select the Confirm button. You can only select one plan per benefit type (For example, you can only select one medical plan).
In the Finalize and submit
section, review your benefit elections and subtotals.
- This section is not available until after you complete sections 1-3.
- Review the benefit elections and the legal text at the bottom of the page before selecting Finalize & Confirm. You will then be prompted to sign off on your elections and submit them for review.
- Submitted benefit elections go through a review process before they are updated. If a request is rejected, you will be able to modify your elections and submit them again.