Configure Paperless Consent
Use Paperless Consent to allow users to opt out of receiving paystubs or tax documents electronically.
Only System Admins may access portal settings.
- Select .
Choose the documents for paperless consent:
- Require 1095-C Consent.
- Require Paystub Consent.
- Require W-2 Consent.
To request that users confirm their email and cell
phone information, select Users
Must confirm cell phone and email address on login.
Users will be able to see the cell phone and email address fields in the paperless consent pop-up as well as opt out of SMS notifications. The cell phone and email fields must be included in the Personal Info module. However, the user does not need access to Personal Info in order to make these updates. Approval for these changes is managed through the Personal Info module. See Configure Personal Information for more details.
- To require that users enter a cell phone number, carrier, and email address, select Require cell phone, carrier, and email fields during paperless consent.
If you have configured SMS messages, you can select Show Carrier on the
Paperless Audit Prompt.
Note: Be sure to complete testing before you require this field. If you are sending messages via Twillio, you do not need to enable this setting.
- To allow all users to see paystubs and tax documents in the Earnings module regardless of their paperless consent choices, enable Allow employees who have not consented for electronic document delivery to view the documents in the portal.
- Enable Treat employees who have not logged in as opted out if you would like to treat all employees who have never logged into the portal as having denied electronic document consent. This allows their records to be pulled and printed from the Paystub Tools page.
- Enable Treat employees who are inactive as opted out if you would like to treat all inactive employees as having denied electronic document consent. This allows their records to be pulled and printed from the Paystub Tools page.
The Paystub Tools page allows the Timecard Admin
to print out any document that users have opted out of. To assign the Timecard
Admin, select Assign Admin Roles
for more information.
. See Note: This role is generally meant for someone in payroll. Several Timecard pages are available to the Timecard Admin.
For additional modifications on the Paystub Tools
page, see the following portal settings:
- Print Check Types to Include: A – All, E- EFT, C – Paper Check
- Number of annual opted-out documents to export at once (W-2, T4, 1095-C)