Configure Training Class
Training classes allow instructors to create classes that users can sign up for from the Register for Training page.
Select Training Class Admin. See Assign Admin Roles
for more details. Training Class Admins can do the following:
, and assign the
- Access the Training Class Dashboard where they can create training courses, modify classes, and finalize submitted classes, pushing the training and skills codes into Vista for registered attendees who completed a class.
- Create career paths. See Configure Career Paths for details.
- Select , and set up or review the following portal settings:
- In HR Companies to include for Training Module, enter the HR companies to apply training functions to in the system. Separate multiple HR companies with a comma and no spaces (for example, 1,2,3).
- To allow employees to see their skills and training on the Training History (Enable Employee Skills and Training Course Viewing. ) page, select the checkbox for
To allow users to see the Register for Training
( ) page, select the checkbox for Enable Training Class
The Register for Training page shows users their current and past class registrations and classes available to them.
To require that instructors select a
training course when creating a new class, select the checkbox for
template when creating classes.
Training courses are essentially training class templates with linked training or skill codes. See step 4 for additional information.If you leave this setting blank, training managers can create their own classes but will not be able to add training or skill codes (the Training Class Admin can add these before finalizing the class).
- To add an expiration date for training classes, configure a UD field in Vista (must be a date type), and enter the name of that field in UD Field name to pull Expiration Date for Training Classes from HR Resource Training.HR Resource Training records in Vista do not have an Expiration Date by default, which is why you must create a UD field to pull this information into HR Management. After you add the UD field, you must Refresh Synonyms on the Portal Settings page ( ).
- Select , and assign training class instructors.Instructors can access and create classes on the Training Class Dashboard. However, they cannot assign training or skill codes to classes or finalize classes, which a Training Class Admin can do.
- Select .
- In the Module Bundle dropdown, select Self Service.
- Select the Training Class Instructor checkbox for applicable users.
- To create a training course, log in as the Training Class Admin, and select .Training courses allow Training Class Admins to create training class templates with linked training or skill codes.
- Select the HR Company associated with the training class.
- Select Manage Courses.
- Select New Course.
- Enter a Course Name.
- Optionally, select an Associated Checklist.Note: Associated checklists allow you to assign tasks for the instructor to mark off. These checklists are created in the Checklists [Legacy] feature.
- Use Employee Groups Eligible for This Course to limit the employees who will be able to register for your class (if enabled). Instructors will be able to register any employee within the selected HR Company. For help setting up employee groups, see Create Employee Groups.
- Use Training And Skill Codes Associated with This Course to select (pre-assign) training and skills codes to all classes created with this course.Note: Training Admins can also add skills and training codes to any class.