Use the Desktop App to Access your Viewpoint For Projects™ Items
The Desktop App gives you access to Viewpoint For Projects™ items in document containers directly from Windows Explorer and your preferred editing programs, even if you don't have internet access.
Work on Your Items When You Don't Have Internet Access
- If you are working in the field or somewhere else without internet access, you can make Viewpoint For Projects™ items available offline through the Desktop App so you can work on them anywhere.
- You can access those offline items by browsing to the Viewpoint For Projects™ drive in Windows Explorer or in your preferred editing program. The Desktop App tracks any changes you make, and you can upload those changes the next time you have internet access.
Upload Items by Dragging and Dropping
- You can upload items to Viewpoint For Projects™ by dragging and dropping items into the document containers in Windows Explorer through Desktop App.
- You can upload folders, and the Desktop App automatically creates a container structure in Viewpoint For Projects™ that mimics the file structure of the folders you are uploading.
- You can also create new document containers from the Desktop App, so you don't have to switch between the app and Viewpoint For Projects™ if you need your items to be in a new container.
Schedule uploads to run regularly so you can work uninterrupted and know that your latest revisons are being uploaded into Viewpoint For Projects™.
Use Your Preferred Editing Programs to Edit your Items
- You can access items through the Viewpoint For Projects™ drive in Windows Explorer so you can work on them in your preferred editing program.
- The Desktop App tracks any changes you make, and you can upload those changes to Viewpoint For Projects™.
System Requirements for the Desktop App:
Windows 7 or higher